Barbara's road to Ironman and other adventures

The diary and photo log of Barbara's Great Adventures on the Road to Ironman Canada 2006.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Rocker Arthur Lee dies of Leukemia

On Thursday Aug. 3rd, Rocker Arthur Lee died of Leukemia (Acute Myeloid Leukemia), with his wife Diane at his bed side. He was 61 years old.
He was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia earlier this year, went through three rounds of chemotherapy and underwent a bone marrow transplant using stem cells from an umbilical cord; the first ever in Tennessee. To read more click on the CNN link below.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/04/arthurlee.reut/index.html?section=cnn_showbiz&ref=google

While I didn’t know of Arthur Lee nor of his music somehow as I read his obituary I felt a connection to him and his wife. I’m sure it because he had cancer, Sonny had cancer. He died with his wife by his side. Sonny died with his wife, children and sisters by his side. Right now I can feel Diane’s pain at the lost of her husband. While all this sounds morbid, and perhaps it is. It's also the reason I train and fund-raise for the Society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home