Barbara's road to Ironman and other adventures

The diary and photo log of Barbara's Great Adventures on the Road to Ironman Canada 2006.

Monday, July 03, 2006

July 2 Larkspur Swim/Run Workout


July 2: Workout at Redwood High in Larkspur was 3500 yd swim. It was a very challenging workout. Then a quick superwomen change into my run clothes for a 6 mile run. The run took me on a road in Larkspur called Madrone Ave. Oh my how awesome this road is....it's like living in the mountains with large redwood trees even on the road. As I was running I was thinking my my dear friends Dene and Bo Bowen. I thought "This is the road Bo grew up on?!?! I know it!". I was right today (July 4th spoke with my friends and confirmed it). Along the side of Madrone Ave was a trail head to Baltimore Canyon Open Space Preserve, here I begin running on a dirt trail, alone side a creek. I was in heaven, or pretty near it. God I love running on trails....but you guys know that already.

The reward for our hard work was pool running for an hour. As you can see it also include some fun with my teammate! [I'm the one with the red visor]

As hard as this training is, and sooo time consuming, I thought I'm going miss it and my teammate once Ironman is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home