Barbara's road to Ironman and other adventures

The diary and photo log of Barbara's Great Adventures on the Road to Ironman Canada 2006.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Week 18 of Ironman Training

Feb 6 – 12 is week 18 of Ironteam training and week #2 of the build pyramid and the key is to concentrate on lactate resistance.

What is this lactate threshhold and why should I care you say?

To quote: "The lactate threshold is the highest intensity that the body can recycle lactic acid as quickly as it is produced. Training with Lactate Threshold Intervals teaches the body to tolerate lactic acid and increases speed at this level."In order words, the higher the body's lactate resistence, the longer it can sustaina hard effort. This is critcal for any endurance athlete. This week focus on maximizing your effort in the key workouts.

My workouts for this week look like this:
Monday Rest Day (update blog, do laundry, go to bed early)
Tuesday AM 40 minutes of Core training, PM swim Master team 2500 yd
Wed: pool running after work (since I’m still not running on the ground)
Thursday: pool running or Master’s swimming after work
Friday: Bike indoor on my trainer 65 minutes, the EZ 15 minute run (or in my case a walk), then 15-20 minutes of stretching
Saturday: Bike 165 minutes (2 hrs, 45 mins), flat ground
Sunday: Swim/Run Swim 2200 yds/Run (or in my case either walk or pool run) 1 hr, 25 minutes.

I will be making adjustment according to how my leg is feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home